- MaresConnect Interconnector Secures Ofgem Licence
Dublin, 06 July 2022 – Ofgem’s licence grants MaresConnect the right to own and operate an electricity interconnector project in the UK and provides certain associated powers as a statutory undertaker.
MaresConnect is a proposed 750MW electricity interconnector linking the power markets of Ireland and Great Britain¹. The cable route is approximately 245km underground and under ...
- MaresConnect welcomes the Irish Government’s consultation on Electricity Interconnection Policy
MaresConnect welcomes the publication on 10 June 2022 by the Department of the Environment, Climate & Communications (DECC) on Electricity Interconnection Policy.
The consultation paper focuses on interconnection between Ireland and the EU and Great Britain, and is a key action coming out of Ireland’s Climate Action Plan 2021 (CAP21). CAP21 builds on Ireland’s 2020 Programme ...
- MaresConnect Interconnector Raises New Capital From Foresight Energy Infrastructure Partners
London, 11 May 2022
• Funding secured for the project’s development to position MaresConnect as Ireland’s next interconnector
• MaresConnect will make a major contribution to achieving Ireland’s 2030 environmental goals
Foresight Group Holdings Limited¹, the listed sustainability-led infrastructure and private equity investment manager, has acquired a majority stake in the MaresConnect² interconnector project (“MaresConnect”), through its energy ...